The Bessemer Housing Authority’s mission is to provide drug free, decent, safe and sanitary housing for eligible families; to increase
the supply of affordable rental housing for low-income families who cannot afford to pay market rents, and to provide educational
opportunities and promote self-sufficiency and economic independence for all residents.
- Expand the supply of assisted housing.
- Increase assisted housing choices.
- Promote self-sufficiency and asset development of households.
- Expand environmental “Green” improvements.
- Ensure 504 with American with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
- Continue to partner with the City of Bessemer to ensure comprehensive social and economic development.